Friday, April 23, 2010

“Kelby”

For time:
1000 Meter row (4:27.7)

Then 4 Rounds of:

200 Meter run
15 Toes to bar
25 Sit-ups (un-anchored)

My time: 22:21

Left the house this morning, got to the exit of the neighborhood and checked my phone to see what the workout was. I thought it said "KELLY" and started to turn around and go home...I wasn't up for a Kelly today. Then I looked again and saw it actually said "Kelby". Ha ha. Much different!

I have been stressed over some unnecessary drama this week, and consequently have not had a normal appetite, which is having a horrible effect on my strength and performance. Today I totally blew it on dead lifts. I couldn't get past 225, and I have lifted more than that before. Disappointing, to say the least. It just goes to show, you need to be completely present in mind and body to reach full potential on anything. The drama will pass...and I'll get another chance at a max dead lift, and I'll get past 225!!

I'm so proud of B this morning with her 260# dead lift though! WOW - And she made it look so easy!

TGIF!!

1 comment:

  1. Angie! Way to keep at it and not turn around! :) Sometimes half the battle is to show up and its better than not showing at all. Same with the dumbell WOD from sunday!

    And, you have to remember that not every day can be a PR day...It's hard to accept, but you'll totally smash it next time!

    ReplyDelete