Friday, August 8, 2014

TGIF!

Okay, I've had something going on in my upper back since late June.  I've babied it and let it somewhat heal up, but today I jacked it up pretty good.  And I looked back at the workout where I actually hurt it.  I originally thought it was because of GHD's but it was definitely rope climbs.  Definitely.  It's a sharp shocking sensation in the mid-trapezius muscle and I'm just going to have to let it heal.  No more rope climbs.  Ugh.  Injuries suck.

In other news, I have three more weeks of letting this stress fracture heal up and then I can try running and jumping again.

And another thing...I have GOT to lose some damn weight.  *sigh*  Story of my frickin' life.  I know (in the rational portion of my brain) that my metabolism has come to a screeching halt.  I'm 51 years old.  It's just simple biology.  I know this.  But the stubborn irrational part of my brain wants food and beer and thinks exercising 5 hours a week should be enough.  But it's not.  I've got to create a deficit, somehow.  This means working out MORE and eating even less.  Or, accept being fat.  But I can't accept being fat.  SO...I've just got to focus and be more dedicated.  Add in some evening workouts and clean up my nutrition.  Ugh...getting old is hard work.  :(

WOD:

4 Rounds for time of:

3 Rope climbs
30 Push-ups
30 Military sit-ups (fingers interlaced with feet anchored)

My time:  24:27

I subbed standing/reclining rope climbs instead of an actual climb.  And still got the "shocking" pain in my traps.  I forced myself to do all the push ups, though I badly wanted to scale.  I'm sure rounds 3 & 4 were kind of snaky, but I still felt every one of them.  And the sit ups.  Oh Lord!  I did 75 GHD sit ups yesterday and my abs are on FIRE!  Ha ha!  But I know that under this layer of fat, I have abs of steel!

Strength:  OHS
3-2-2-1-1-1 @ 55-65-75-80-85-90

TGIF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment