Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Squat Cleans

2009 South Central Regional WOD# 1

3 Rounds for time of:
10 Squat clean & jerk (Men 155 lbs, Women 105 lbs)
500 Meter row

My time: 16:26  w/75#

I'm not certain on my time - I forget so easily these days.  Anyway, this was a good workout, even scaled as severely as I scaled it.  I really should have taken a rest day today, but I need to burn off some of this vacation fat!  I could have done the 105, but it would've taken me a good half hour.  As it was, I got a decent workout and enjoyed the squat clean part of it.

Strength today was Squat Clean & Jerk

rep scheme:  5-3-2-2-1-1-1
my loads:  65-75-85-95-100-105-110

I love squat cleans.  I am feeling weak after two weeks of zero exercise, but I'm trying to push myself to get back to 100% as fast as possible.  I'm sore all over, and the first set of 5 cleans left me feeling worn out.  I was tempted to not even go up in weight, but managed to use some positive thinking and made it up to 110.  I'll call that a victory for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment