Tuesday, January 29, 2013

And...not running...

So, after running yesterday, I felt ready to run in the WOD today.  During the warm-up, I could feel my back going into spasms again.  *sigh*  The warmup included dumbbells.  I was fine until we got to the one arm overhead squats.  Something about the way I kind of have to twist my back made it hurt like crazy. So...I decided to modify the workout today in the interest of not hurting my back any more.

the Rx WOD was
3 Rounds for time of:
800 Meter run
50 Push-ups
50 Sit-ups

I did:

3 rounds for time of:
1000 meter row
50 squats
50 sit ups - abmat, anchored

My time: 28:14

I still got a decent workout, and my back didn't feel any worse for the wear.  I will just have to take it easy for a little while longer before I do anything of any substance.  Tick-tock!!  It's almost time for the Open -- I'd better heal up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment