Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cruel and Unusual

3 Rounds for time of:

50 Lateral jumps over plate
40 Overhead walking lunge steps (Men 45 lb plate, Women 25  lb plate)
30 Push-ups with feet on plate

My time:  21:58, Rx

OMG!  This workout was a killer.  I mean it was complete torture!  About 10 push ups into the first round, I convinced myself that I could scale rounds 2 & 3 to half the prescribed reps.  But, of course, when I got up to do the second round, I convinced myself to do all the reps.  By the third round I was cursing my decision to go all the way.  Those last push ups were agony!!  Anyhow - I finished...last again.  But I finished!  


Strength:

behind the head SP x 3 ea 55-65-70
behind the head PP x 2 ea 75-80-85
behind the head PJ x 1 ea 95-105-125(f x 2)

For some reason on the push jerks when it got heavy, my right arm just didn't have the strength to lock out.  My left arm was fine.  Hmm.  Maybe my right arm has an overuse injury from lifting so many beers & rum drinks on vacation.  Ha!  I'm sure that's what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment