Thursday, January 17, 2013

I'm getting tired!!

Going for two weeks with very little exercise, certainly no weight lifting and then coming back to CrossFit is a killer!  I'm exhausted.  I'm getting roughly 7 hours of sleep per night, which is good.  I'll get back into the routine and be fine, but for now, I'm just super tired.  And I'm almost as sore as I was after my first week of CF.  Well, okay, honestly not that sore, but enough to get my attention when I sit and stand or pretty much any movement that doesn't involve sitting still.

WOD:

As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:

5 Burpees
10 Pull-ups
15 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
20 Double unders

My rounds:  2 + 12 KBS

Today's WOD was tough for me.  For starters, I'm hauling around an extra few pounds, courtesy of vacation food and excessive beer consumption.  And any extra weight makes pull-ups even more difficult than they already are.  However, I had a couple sets of 5 today (that's big for me).  Kettlebell swings were my favorite element - one thing I'm consistently good at.  Double unders eluded me today.  I could get a set of ten, and then I just fell to pieces, with ones and twos. And burpees are what they are.  Ya know? 

Strength today was Front Squats

5-3-2 for warm ups
85-105-125

Then 10 sets of 3 at 83% of 1RM

B was aiming for 135 based on her 1RM.  I have no idea what mine is, so decided to go along with her.  After one set at 135 (which was a struggle) I decided to do 125 and she stayed at 135.  Or so we thought...

Yeah, after five sets, we discovered that we had added it up wrong and she had actually been using 145, and I had been using 135.  Holy cow!  We each dropped to our intended weight and continued.

So it went like this for me:

3 @ 145
4 x 3 @ 135
5 x 3 @ 125

Of course, doing extra work didn't hurt me, but I was sure exhausted by the time we got to the WOD.  Whew!



No comments:

Post a Comment