Monday, July 11, 2011

Vacation Gone Bad

Ugh. So, my vacation turned out to be a stress filled week, despite my best efforts to drown away reality in a sea of beer, frozen tropical beverages, and un-primal fare. Won't go into huge details other than to say I MISSED CROSSFIT.

I realized mid-week how grounded CrossFit keeps me. It is an hour a day of sanity. Yes I just said that. At CrossFit, I cannot afford to focus on anything other than the workout. It is a place for me to check my troubles at the door and just be physical for a while. Some days this is harder than others, but I realize now how important it is for me to have this one hour a day to scream and push and pull and jump and run and give 100% physically.

Today's WOD

For time:
Run 800 meters
30 Clean and Jerk
Run 800 meters

Post load and total time to responses.

My time: 22:27, 85#

I was last. I was super slow. Results of stress, insomnia, poor eating and drinking. But I thoroughly enjoyed every second with that barbell in my hands. With every clean, every jerk, every step of running I could feel the tension and stress leaving my body, if only for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment