Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happy Hump Day.

Today we did "death by 10 meters" for the warm-up.  I made it through round 11 or 12, but I opted out of the 5 burpee penalty, and just jogged back and forth while the others finished up through round 14. 

Strength was power cleans.  I much prefer squat cleans, but I obviously need some practice on power cleans.  We haven't spent much time working this lift (or the jerk) lately, and I can certainly tell I need more work.  I missed a load (twice) today that would've been no problem for me several months ago.  After the first attempt, I let it get in my head an there was no way I was making that lift.  So I squat cleaned it just to avoid feeling completely defeated.

My reps/loads:  5-3-2-2-1-1-1 @ 65-85-105-115-125-130(f)-130(f)   130 squat clean
In between sets we did HSPU, same rep scheme.  I used two abmats

Then the WOD

As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes of:

3 Power cleans (Men 205#, Women 135# or 75% of 1 RM)
6 Handstand push-ups
9 Box jump on and over (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)

My rounds:  5 + 5 hspu

I went with 105# - my 1RM is 135.  Used 2 abmats for HSPU and stepped up/over box instead of jumping.  The cleans felt better and lighter each round.  How does that work?  Ha!  I think I was just concentrating more on finishing and being fast toward the end.  Makes a huge difference.

Fun morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment