Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Snow...More Snow!

Seriously annoyed with Old Man Winter.  I'm tired of this crap.  Fortunately this morning's snow was just a very light dusting and didn't impede my efforts to get to the gym.  I'm ready for some warmer weather.  This weekend is looking nice - probably warm enough for a run!  That'll cheer me up!

Meanwhile, here's why I braved the frozen tundra this morning:

WOD

30-25-20-15 and 10 rep rounds of:

Burpees
Box jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)
Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)

My time:  22:30 - modified

Scaling option was given to skip the round of 30.  I had all good intentions of doing every rep, honestly.  I got through the round of 30 in what seemed like forever, and decided at that point I was going 30-20-10.  Well, when finished the 20 I had way plenty time to do the 10 and regretted not doing the 25.  I could've finished the entire thing.  What I ended up doing was 30-20-15-10-5, and still had 2.5 minutes to spare.  I should stop underestimating myself.   Seriously.

Strength today was not one of my favorites:  shoulder press

 5 sets of 5 @ 45-50-55-60-65.  The last rep of 65 I failed to lock out. 


And, I didn't weigh today.  I'll weigh tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll be down half a pound or something. Anything to keep me encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment