Monday, February 10, 2014

Cranky!

Winter is making me cranky.  So far, this winter has been unreasonably cold, and for way too long.  We were in the deep freeze before it was officially winter.  I'm sick of it.  I'm tired of putting on a coat every day.  I despise coats.  They're bulky and never fit me right. (I'm betting I didn't like being swaddled as a baby either.)  I don't like being stuck inside the house all day on my day off.  I'm not good at just sitting around (unless there's a beach lounger involved).

And, of course, I'm trying to lose weight in the dead of winter during the coldest part of it, no less, when the biological response to winter is to hold onto fat.  Yeah...ask me how that's going. Haven't lost an ounce since last Wednesday.  I know, I know.  Patience.  Well, I'm trying to hang in there.  I'm noticing a difference in inches, actually, but the scale hasn't budged for 5 days now.  *sigh*

WOD

As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes of:

6 Dumbbell squat cleans (Men 45 lb dumbbells, Women 30 lb dumbbells)
12 Pull-ups
24 Double unders

My score:  2 rds + 4 PLU, Rx

This was a fun one and my pullups, although ridiculously slow, felt pretty good today.  I knew I'd get around 2 rounds on this one, simply because of the pull ups.  After laying around all weekend, it felt good just to be moving.  My legs did not like double unders after the heavy back squats and those squat cleans though!  Took me a minute to get a rhythm going.

Strength today was back squats at 80% of 1RM

warm up sets:
5 @ 105
3 @ 155

work sets:
10 x 3 @ 165

No comments:

Post a Comment