Wednesday, February 19, 2014

"Nancy"


5 Rounds for time of:

400 Meter run
15 Overhead squats (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)

My time:  19:29, Rx, Unbroken

As I type this, my left wrist is killing me.  Those OHS get me every time!  I totally love this workout, and always have.  Again, like yesterday, just a good old fashioned CF workout.  You have to resist the temptation to break up the OHS and you've got it made.  The weight isn't so heavy that you need to drop it...it's just a mental game with this one.  Would be nice if  I could run a little faster.  But, I'm still proud of my score, even though it's more than a minute slower than my PR.  Just shows me I need to do more running. 

Strength was OHS
3-2-2-1-1-1 @ 65-75-80-85-85-85

This morning I faced some ridiculous temptation.  I had to stop and get "goodies" for a birthday at work.  I stopped at Harvest Bakery and got sausage rolls and a "fresh out of the oven" monkey bread.   Let me tell you - having gone so long with only 20 grams of carbs a day, and being enclosed in a car with those smells...after driving only a few blocks, I wanted to wreck my car into the ditch and eat every bite of that junk!  But I managed to resist, somehow.  I think here in about two weeks I'm going to bump my carbs up to about 30 a day.  But I still won't be eating monkey bread.  Dammit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment