Thursday, March 6, 2014

One down, one to go...

So, I had eye surgery on Tuesday.  My left eye, at my one day check-up is now 20/20.  This is like a miracle to me.  I've been wearing glasses/contacts since I was about 9 years old, aka forever.   I'm super excited about being able to wake up and see!!  The down side (for now) is, my right eye is still virtually useless at this point.  And wearing glasses only complicates it - its like seeing through a fun-house mirror, mixing the good eye and the bad eye.  Anyway, they've moved my second surgery up to next Tuesday, March 11, so I don't have to endure two weeks of this.

And since they forbid exercise/lifting for a full week after surgery, I'll be back at CrossFit on the 18th.   I'll have to ease back into the weight lifting and gradually build up to heavier weights all over again. I'll just use it as an opportunity work on my form.  And handstand push ups (or hand stand "pumps" in my case) will be a while in coming too.  I have to avoid pressure on the eyes for a while until they are completely healed, so I won't be going upside down for a while.

See you all in a couple weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment