Monday, October 17, 2011

Good Morning!

5 Rounds for max reps of:

1 Minute of dumbbell hang squat cleans (Men 45# dumbbells, Women 30# dumbbells)
1 Minute of burpees
1 Minute rest

My total reps: 90

11 hang squat cleans and 7 burpees each round

TOUGH workout! But fun. I always enjoy dumbbells. I started losing my grip about 40 seconds into each round. And of course, the burpees are always a time killer for me. Some people were getting 16+ burpees in. Amazing!!

Started a new cycle of Wendler this morning. I went to Push Press instead of Shoulder Press.
Set my 1 rep max at 115 which I don't know if that was accurate or not, but oh well.

Warm up sets:
5 @ 40
5 @ 55
3 @ 65

Work sets:
5 @ 70
5 @ 80
5 @ 90

90 was a struggle, but I managed. ;)

****

Took measurements and forced myself to get on the scale this morning. I've been feeling chubby and been really down on myself about it. But too scared to gut up and find out the ugly truth. Well, the truth wasn't nearly as ugly as I had imagined.

All the summer beer drinking did catch up with me though, and I need to drop about 5 lbs and a couple inches. I have 72 days until I'll be laying on the beach in the Virgin Islands, and I'm going to be ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment