Tuesday, August 16, 2011

WOD #1 from the Dallas Life As Rx’d competition

As many reps as possible in 6 minutes of:
21-15-9
Kettlebell swings (Men 70 lbs, Women 55 lbs)
Thrusters (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)

In this workout you will try to make it as far as you can in the 6 minute limit. If you make it all the way through 21-15-9 then you start over at the 21’s and continue as far as you can.


My total reps: 51, as Rx'd


WOW. First of all, I don't know whose idea it was to have us swinging a 55lb kettlebell, but holy crap! That's a shit-ton of weight to be slinging around, especially when your grip starts to go. I was all miss smarty-pants and started out really fast on the 21 KBS and was SO winded I could barely string together 3 thrusters. I think I finally managed 4 at the end of the set of 21, but I don't remember. Then back to the KBS - couldn't force myself to get past 9. Complete muscle failure and I hit the floor with 15 seconds to go.

Total respect to anyone who attempts this as Rx'd. B was amazing - she got 78 reps!! Some of the guys got 95+. Anthony even hit 104. Wow. Just wow. I'm amazed how fit these people are. And humbled by how I'm not. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment