Monday, August 22, 2011

Off Road Running

5 Rounds for time of:

200 Meter run (run around retention pond)
10 Sumo Deadlift High Pull (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
10 Thrusters (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)

My time: 22:28, Rx


I detest running around that damn retention pond. At the beginning of the run, as you leave the pavement, there is a railroad tie buried not quite flush with the ground. Three times I twisted my ankle on it! The last two rounds I walked the grassy portion instead of running - so many places to screw up, and I don't need an injury! I exceeded the 20 min time limit on this one. Bummer, huh? Oh well, I finished the workout and that's all that matters to me. Although I was much slower than I wanted to be, this was still a good workout.

Wendler Shoulder Press

Increased my training max to 85 lbs, which is 5 lbs over my original 1 rep max of 80. So, I guess I'm seeing improvements?

Warm up sets:
5 ea @ 35-40-45

Work Sets:
5 ea @ 55-65-75

No comments:

Post a Comment