Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Too Cold Tuesday

The new variations on Rx, Rx+, etc. are almost too much for my  mind to comprehend at 4:30 am when I wake up and look at my phone! So, I'm adding some parenthesis and commas when I cut and paste, just so it makes sense to me.  

As many rounds as possible in 11 minutes of:

10 HSPU or 3 Wall Walks (RX+ 4/2″ defict HSPU,  55+ 4″ rise HSPU or 2 Wall Walks)
10 Deadlifts 185/125lbs (RX+225/155,  55+155/105)
50 Double Unders

My score:  3 rounds even

Okay, I used the "Rx" weight of 125 on Deadlifts, and the "55+ for HSPU.  What does that make me? SCALED!!  No matter what ya call it, it's scaled.  So, my double unders felt fairly decent in the warm up.  Then on the first round of the WOD it was like my body was moving in slow motion and not leaving the ground, whereas the rope was spinning anyway.  I have several lash marks to show for it.  Fortunately in the next two rounds I got my mojo back!

“Finisher”
Exactly one minute after AMRAP Complete
1 attempt max rep – barbell push-ups (must
touch chest to bar and full extension of arms,
can only rest in up plank position)
or regular push-ups
or knee push-ups.

I accomplished exactly NINE regular push ups.  Don't be jealous! 

Strength today was bench press:

My loads:
7 @ 65
5 @ 75
3 @ 85
2 @ 90
1 @ 95 - failed this TWICE


A girl half my age and half my size came over to assist me with racking the bar.  Talk about humiliating!  Ha ha!  Thanks Kelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment