Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I need some motivation!

I guess I have post-vacation depression or something because I am at rock bottom as far as motivation goes these days.  I do not want to get out of bed. I do not want to go to work.  I practically force myself to go to CrossFit every morning.  I don't give a rats ass about eating clean, even though I am doing it, grudgingly.  I just want to sit down with a good book and an endless glass of wine and some nice dark chocolate and only get up when I have to pee.  Right now, that would be my dream world.  Ha!  I know...so realistic, huh?

Anyway, I'm going to have to do something drastic to motivate myself.  I don't think "The Open" is going to motivate me.  I mean, we all know there will be some torturous variation of Fran, and a shit-ton of burpees. That will not motivate me.  No, I need to sign up for a 5k or a mud run or something different, just to get me back in a good frame of mind.  Something fun.  (Although the book and wine and chocolate still sound like a decent plan to me.)


Today's WOD:


2 Rounds of a 7min AMRAP of:

40 Double Unders
20 Kettlbell swings 70#/55#/35#
10/7 Kettlebell Push-ups (hands on one KB Handle, chest touches)

2min rest between rounds
*Start up each round where you stopped on the last round. Score is total rounds and reps.

My score:  4 rds + 2 DU

I used a 35# kettlebell and did regular strict push ups.  That kettlebell push up was just an invitation to break my nose, which I politely declined. My first round of double unders were a battle, but the next few were not so bad.  I broke them up intentionally.  Seems like a set of 10 or 15 would get me so winded I just had to rest.  Lazy....I'm just lazy.

Speaking of lazy, I kinda sand-bagged on the strength today, which was Bench Press:

9 x 55
6 x 65
3 x 85
20 x 55

No comments:

Post a Comment