Friday, January 9, 2015

TGIF!

Today is a team WOD.  Not a big fan of team WODs simply because I know I'm slower than everyone and I'll be holding my team back.  I went all out as fast as I could go, except maybe one set of burpees where I rested too much. (Sorry Kelby!)


As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

20 Wall Balls, 20/14lbs 10/9′
20 Box Jumps or Step-ups, 24/20″
20 Back Squats 115/80
20 Over the Bar Burpees

*Rules during WOD these are alternating reps between partner 1 and partner 2 (i.e. partner 1 does 10 wallballs before partner 2 does 10 wallballs, partner 1 does 10 box jumps/step ups then partner 2 does 10, once complete move on to burpees…team has to complete all reps before they can touch the equip. *the team can use different boxes and bars if a guy-girl team or if needed for scaling*

Team Kelby & Angie score:  4 rounds + 6 WB - Rx

So, I'm pretty sure OkieDB has a burpee fetish.  Good Lord, we've had so many burpees this week it's mind boggling.  I wore my "Burpees suck" shirt today, to express my feelings about it.  Ha ha!

Despite my reluctance to be on a team, this was actually kind of fun.  I pushed myself just a bit harder trying to not let Kelby down.  

Strength today was Back Squats:

Back Squats:
7 @ 105
5 @ 135
3 @ 165
1 @ 185
1 @ 195

Haven't gone heavy on squats in a while.  At least it seems like it anyway.  I should've gone 205 on the last one, but oh well. 

TGIF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment