Friday, December 21, 2012

Not the End of the World

Mayans...what did they know?  Ha!

So, I woke up this morning and found I was still alive, and the world had not ended.  AND there was an awesome workout posted for today!  I smiled before I even got out of bed - I do love me some back squats! 

For time:

30 Back squats (Men 225 lbs, Women 155 lbs)
1000 Meter row

My time:  9:10, Rx

I loved this workout from start to finish.  Okay, well, the rowing actually sucked about 700m in, but other than that, I loved it.  I started out with a set of 10, then a set of 5, then sets of 3 to the finish.  I had in my head that I wanted to do sets of 5, but my body had other ideas.  I still pushed not to rest too much and I was super excited to finish the WOD in under 10 minutes.  Great way to end the week!!

We did back squats to warm up before the workout...these were my sets

5 @ 85
5 @ 115
4 @ 135
3 @ 155

So a total of 47 back squats...I will be sore by the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment