Thursday, December 13, 2012

AB-solutely

3 Rounds for time of:

30 Sit-ups
25 V-ups
20 Toes to bar

My time:  17:47, Rx

This was a cruel little ab burner of a WOD.  Thirty sit ups are nothing, right?  Well then go right into V-ups and it's torture.  The gym sounded like  a torture chamber this morning as we all finished our first set of sit ups at the same time and those first V-ups were a rude awakening.  My first two rounds went about like I would have expected - right around 5 minutes, but I lost my momentum somewhere in the third round - probably on the toes to bar.  I seriously thought I'd finish under 15 minutes but it was not happening today.

Strength today was Split Jerk.  Used to be one of my favorite lifts.  I had gotten weak on overhead stuff over about a years time, but I'm making a come back.  Tied my old PR today, so that felt good. And of course in hind sight I should've gone for 140, because 135 felt pretty damn good!

Rep Scheme:  5-3-3-2-2-1-1-1
My loads:  65-75-85-95-100-115-125-135

No comments:

Post a Comment