Thursday, November 1, 2012

“Nancy”


5 Rounds for time of:

400 Meter run
15 Overhead squats (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)

My time:  19:20, Rx - unbroken

Seriously, I love this WOD! It's always been one of my favorites. Although, if you ask me at the starting line of the first round, I might argue with myself on those statements.  Or during the run of the third round...that's the breaking point every time.  Once I get past that I'm good.  My running was sluggish this morning, as it has been every time I've run lately.  I don't know what's going on with the running.  Anyway, I finished under 20 minutes and did the OHS unbroken, as is always my goal on this one.  So I feel great about my efforts today.

Strength today was OHS  

rep scheme:  5-3-2-1-1-1
my loads: 55-65-75-80-85-90

No PR's here, just some good solid overhead squats that felt awesome.  I did all of them from the floor rather than from the rack, which was an option today.  This was good practice on snatches as well.  And I can always use practice on those.

So, I've been wearing these TK knee bands.  First of all, yes, they do make my knees feel better during lifting, etc.  But the disgusting down side is the sweat.  Seriously, after just about 15 minutes of warm-up, I have sweat dripping down my shins.  It's so gross.  Mid-workout I don't notice it so much, but during the strength, I had to continually wipe sweat off my legs. 

They are helping some of my knee issues.  However, during the warm up today when we were doing alternating split jerks with light dumbbells, I had a sharp pain in my right knee, just below the knee cap when I jumped.  So no jumping.  Seems like it's always something...a new ache or pain every week.  *sigh*  

No comments:

Post a Comment