Thursday, November 29, 2012

More burpees...

...and I'm coming down with a cold.  Now the "no energy" makes perfect sense, along with the stuffy nose.  I wasn't feeling bad until this morning, and I still don't feel totally crappy yet, but I can tell I'm getting sick.  Bah!  Germs are a waste of time.

Anyway, when I saw the posted WOD I almost didn't get out of bed, but then I remembered, sometimes working out actually helps me get over a cold faster.  

For time:

75 Hang power cleans (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
Athletes must do 5 burpees at the beginning of every minute before doing power cleans.

My time:  9:30 - scaled

I scaled the weight to 75 lbs, and did 3 burpees every minute instead of 5.  This was still a challenge, even scaled.  If I were feeling 100% I probably would have gone heavier on the weight, but 95# hang cleans are a pretty tall order on a good day.

The warm-up today included a couple rounds of pull-ups, dips, and OHS, along with two minutes each of HSPU and anchored military sit-ups.  I got 57 on the sit-ups.  Everything else I didn't bother counting reps.  Just being there was enough, right?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment