Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sweet Summer Sweat

I love that line from Hotel California.  It popped into my head this morning while I was nearly drowning in my own sweat.  Not so sweet, but a necessary evil.  The temp this morning was around 83° at 5 am.  I'm sure the humidity was way up there too.  Makes it tough to move, but once you get going it feels pretty much like any other workout.


WOD

As many rounds as possible in 8 minutes of:

15 Deadlifts (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
10 Hang power cleans
5 Push jerks

My rounds:  2 + 6 deadlifts, Rx

These heavy hang cleans are a bitch.  I just need to practice them more often and get to a heavier load more consistently, so that when the load is 95 in a workout I'm not killing myself to make the lift.  My max on a hang clean is 105 so this was a challenge.  I did the first five as a regular hang clean and the majority of the remaining I did split cleans.  Push jerks all felt solid.

The warm up included 15 minutes of skill time.  Choose 3 items you need to work on and set a rep scheme.  One minute each exercise, 5 rounds.  I chose my three worst - pull-ups, push-ups and dips.  5-10-5.  Did several dead-hangs and then practiced kipping, dropping my feet straight down instead of swinging so big.  This is helping with my speed and endurance.  Dips are probably my worst skill, and I'm just going to have to keep at it.  I'm getting a little bit deeper but not all the way to the bottom just yet.

Strength was a the following complex:  Deadlift- hang clean-push jerk

my loads:  55-65-70-85-95-100-105


No comments:

Post a Comment