Thursday, June 28, 2012

Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries

I was so tempted to be a "Cherry Picker" today. "Burpees?  No thanks.  I'll stay in bed."  That was my first reaction when I saw the workout.  But I can honestly say I would've felt horrible later if I had skipped CrossFit today, just based on not liking what workout was offered.  I would've felt guilty, like I was cheating or something.  So no cherry picking for me today.  Although, I did bring some cherries in my lunch today! ;)

The weather was really pleasant this morning - in the mid to high 60's - which is a nice break from the 80's at 5 am!

We did a few dumbbell warm ups and then on to the strength component.  Every minute on the minute for 20 minutes:

odd minute 2 front squats at +/- 80% max alternating with I used 115#
even minute: max double unders (I set mine at 15 per round)

My double unders improved as the rounds went by.  Somehow.  Fatigue I guess, makes me relax a little and they are just easier.  I had one set of 13 unbroken.  That's a pretty big deal for me!!!

WOD

“G.I. Jane”

For time:
100 Burpee’s with a pull-up to an 8 foot bar.
Post time to responses.
 
When it was time for the actual WOD we were running pretty short on time.  So I chose to modify. Several people modified in different ways.   I initially said I would do as many burpees as possible in 10 minutes. I got to 78.  Breck, always the motivator, said "you only have 22 left to get to 100!!"  So I said "Okay, dammit!!" and I finished out 100.  Yay me. 

My time for 100 burpees:  13:54

Thanks Breck for pushing meI'm glad I did the 100 burpees. 


No comments:

Post a Comment