Tuesday, June 19, 2012

“Nasty Girls”


3 rounds for time of:

50 Squats
7 Muscle-ups
10 Hang power cleans (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)

My time:  15:17, Rx weight, subbed 7&7 pull-ups & dips for muscle ups

This was my first time ever to do this workout.  I love any kind of cleans, but holy cow - 95 lb HANG cleans?  Super tough!  I thought about scaling but B shamed me into doing the Rx weight.  Love that girl - she keeps me on my toes.  The last round I was having to do split cleans just to get under the bar.  On a good note, my pull ups felt good.  I broke up the first 7 like an idiot - but only because my hands were sweaty and I was slipping off the bar.  The next two rounds I chalked up a bit and did all 7. 

I really need to make myself work harder on pull ups and dips.  They are a continual weakness that I have just allowed to remain weak. 

The strength today was a clean complex:

Hang Power Clean; Power Clean; Squat Clean - touch and go only between each movement:

My loads:
55-65-75-85-90-95

No comments:

Post a Comment