Tuesday, June 26, 2012

“SQT”


3 Rounds for time of:

10 Ground to overhead (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
200 yard Shuttle sprint, 50 yards there and back twice

My time: 7:40, Rx

My running was nothing but a nightmare today.  You know how in a dream, when you're trying to run away from something really, really scary and your legs won't move any faster than super-duper-slo-mo, no matter how hard you will them to?  Yeah.  That.  That was me today during the WOD.  My mind kept screaming "run faster woman!" but my legs just never got the message. I suppose I needed a monster chasing me...

I did enjoy the ground to overhead part though.   I did power snatches for the first 10, then on the second round I did 7 power snatch and for some reason 2 clean and jerk and then one power snatch.  I guess I thought it would be easier to do clean and jerk but it was taking too long.  Third round I did all power snatches.

It was truly a fun workout, but I was completely wiped out at the end.  I'll claim heat exhaustion! 

The strength today was a snatch complex:

hang power snatch, power snatch, squat snatch, touch & go between each:  7 sets

my loads:  45-50-55-60-65-70-75

No comments:

Post a Comment