Friday, December 2, 2011

TGIF!

Monday through Friday, most weeks I get up at 4:30 am and head to CrossFit for the 5:00 am class. Some days, it's tempting to stay in bed, and occasionally I give in. Usually this only happens if I'm sick. Today, I confess I had a slight temptation to stay in bed. My trapezius muscles are so incredibly sore and the power snatches in the WOD are going to add to that. It's Friday. I'm tired. And on and on. But, knowing myself like I do, I knew I'd regret missing a workout afterward, so I made myself shake off the temptation and go do the WOD.

As usual, I'm glad I did.

The workout was fun, and I did some heavy back squats that felt really great. I haven't gone heavy on back squats in several weeks, and I really needed to. That's one of my favorite lifts and I need to put more mental energy into getting better at them, going heavier and hopefully set a new PR next year.

Today's WOD:

As many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
2 Rope climbs
6 Handstand push-ups
12 Power snatch (Men 75 lbs, Women 55 lbs)

My score: 5 rounds even

Of course, I modified. The rope climbs were standing to reclining stiff-legged descent/ascents (still tough). And my HSPU were to two abmats.

Wendler Back Squats
warm up sets: 5-5-3 @ 85-115-125
work sets: 5-3-3 @ 140-160-175

***
And today is another employee birthday here at work. I never eat any of the food people bring because it's loaded with processed crap. And I get tired of bringing the standard veggie tray. Ugh. So, today I brought something edible and yummy (for me) to share. I made a spread of smoked salmon and cream cheese with chives, and brought Belgian endive leaves to serve it on in place of crackers. Belgian endive is a good neutral "vessel" for dips, spreads and salsas. It's crispy and doesn't interfere with flavors, and it's good for you!

TGIF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment