Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holy Thrusters Batman!

More thrusters? Really? Ugh. I need to learn to love them I guess. But the thought of 75 thrusters really hit me hard today. I felt defeated before we even started.

5 Rounds for time of:
15 Sumo deadlift high pull (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
15 Thrusters

My time: 20:21, Rx

I have done this workout twice before and have gotten consistently slower each time (17:21 last time and 15:46 the time before that). Today, I recall Breck yelling at me to "get my mind right". (I was almost in tears after 3 thrusters, and he happened to see me - ha ha - perfect timing, the mark of a great coach.)

I know my head was not in the game and I had to really force myself to suck it up and go on. You have to choose to either check in or check out mentally on every workout, every lift, every day, and I know this is why I was so slow today - Mental Weakness. I must work on that!!

Part of the warm up you could choose from several options. I chose 2 minutes of max push ups. I got to 41. Not too shabby, but much more room for improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment