Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm behind...

I didn't keep up with my exercise blog over Christmas break. This doesn't mean I skipped Crossfit, though.

Let's see, Thursday, Dec 23 we did this:

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
10 Ring dips
20 Overhead walking lunge steps (Men 45 lb bumper plate, Women 35 lb bumper plate)
30 Lateral jumps over bumper plate

I scared the Hell out of 5 rounds: 4 rounds + 5 lateral jumps

Then on Christmas Eve, we did The Bear Complex. This is one of my favorite workouts, but I went light. Still some low back issues from last Friday's deadlifts, and what felt like a sinus infection...not excuses, just reasons. ;-)

My loads were: 55-55-65-70-70

After a good Christmas and a nice weekend where I mainly behaved myself and didn't overindulge much, I was ready to get back to the gym. (It helped that I "primalized" two yummy holiday recipes, which I'll share maybe later in the day when I get bored today.)

Today was FRAN

21-15-9
Thrusters (men 95 lbs, women 65 lbs)
Pull-ups

My time: 9:49 Rx

This is not a PR for me, but I was pleased with being under 10 minutes today. I have GOT to get that set of 21 thrusters unbroken next time. I am convinced this is the key to what is slowing me down. (Sounds good sitting here in my cushy office chair, anyway!)

Our strength component today was Split Jerks
Rep scheme: 1-1-1-1-1-1-1
My loads: 85-95-100-105-110-115-120

1 comment:

  1. Nice split-jerk load! I love it that you kept track and updated your blog later; inquiring minds want to know! :)

    ReplyDelete