Friday, December 17, 2010

“Dr. Feelgood”

Another birthday WOD. This time for Brian D. Good one - love the deadlifts!!

3 Rounds for time of:

12 Deadlifts (Men 275 lbs, Women 185 lbs)
18 Lateral jumps over barbell
37 Double unders

My time: 15:10, Rx

Loved the deadlifts, but the double unders slowed me down a bit. I did have several good sets ranging from 7 to 10, but I was so winded during this whole WOD, I did a lot of resting. Felt good to do some heavy deadlifts. Tried to keep my eyes on the ceiling after reading that tip on Melli's post the other day, however I did notice I have a habit of looking down and to the left (wtf?) when I bring the bar back down to the ground. No idea why, but now that I'm conscious of it, I can change it.

I have a busy weekend ahead. Tonight I'm going to see my son's band, if I can stay awake that long! (They don't go on until like 11:00 pm.) Should be a good time!

TGIF!!

strength component: shoulder press, push press, push jerk 3-3-3 each
sp: 3 ea @ 55-65-75
pp: 3 ea @ 85-90-95
pj: 3ea @ 95-95-95 (stayed light to work on form)

No comments:

Post a Comment