Tuesday, December 15, 2009

New Stuff!

Ok...for some reason the last couple of days I've had this nagging in the back of my mind about being slow, weak, old, tired, etc. Sort of like "why am I doing CrossFit?" "I'm so slow." "Am I making any progress?" "I'm not getting any younger." Ugh! Don't know why I do this to myself.

So, anyway I pushed myself to get up and go this morning with an open mind and give 100%. I was amused at the selection of things presented in the warm-up. Things I've never done before, or have attempted only to collapse in fits of laughter. But today I made a sincere effort, and much to my surprise, I enjoyed it and learned some things. I wouldn't say I conquered anything but I broadened my CrossFit horizons just a tad. And I've made a commitment to stop the negative self-talk I've had going on lately. Onward and upward!

We had 5 minutes to work on each of these:

L-sits: I could only hold one for about 1.5 seconds, however, I believe with practice (knees up to chest, toes off the ground) I could get to an actual L-sit that would be longer than just a second.

Rope climbs: I just did the reclining "climb" with my hands, from standing to laying on the floor and back up. My grip strength is not good enough nor is my upper body strength enough to actually climb. Yet.

Ab mat sit ups: I should get one of these at home and do sit ups while I'm watching TV. Loved it!

After those elements, we were to do weighted pull-ups 5, 3, 2 warm up sets and then 3 x 5 work sets. I did a few with a 5 lb weight btwn my knees. Awkward!! Breck had a 20lb weighted vest and I thought...heck, why not? I'll try it! And I did! I did the rest of the sets with the 20 lb weighted vest. No problem. :-)

So, despite misgivings I've had lately, I had a great morning and a great workout. Sometimes I just need a kick in the pants.

Todays WOD

Tuesday 091215
3 Rounds for time of:
500 Meter row or 400 meter run
15 Kettlebell swings (55 lbs Men, 35 lbs Women)
10 Chin-ups (Hands in supine position; palms facing toward you)
Post time to responses.

My time: 14:53 Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment