Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Misery!

As many rounds as you can do in 12 minutes of:

5 Thrusters (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
10 Burpees

My Total: 4 rounds + 4 thrusters

I'm betting this workout is what they make you do on your first day in Hell, just to make you think it's not going to be so bad, and then they make you do Kelly the next day. Seriously, I never want to see this workout again. It was miserable. It's in the same category as Kelly. No Thank You Very Much!

So, I started out with 95 lbs as prescribed. The first round took me a while, but I was thinking I'd be able to push through it. The second round I got two thrusters and on the third one I couldn't lock out. I decided to drop weight to 85. I hate dropping weight. Number one, I know I can lift the 95, and two, it eats up time to change the weights. But then again, I wasn't going to be setting any records because of those God Forsaken Burpees. They take me forever! No matter how much I tell myself "just keep going" I end up resting way too much. Anyway, I got through it and made myself push as hard as I could because I had dropped weight. Glad this one is over! Whew!

The strength component today was Squat Clean Thrusters:

5 @ 65
3 @ 75
2 @ 85
1 @ 90
1 @ 95
1 @ 100
1@105

No comments:

Post a Comment