Friday, June 18, 2010

Fun Friday?

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

200 Meter run
15 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
10 Pull-ups
5 Handstand push-ups

Total Rounds: 5, with modified HSPU

This looked like a fun workout, but after I totally blew it again on deadlifts (see next paragraph), I was hurting, tired and unmotivated at the start. Somewhere in the third round, I started feeling better and made myself start working a little harder and managed to squeak out 5 rounds. My head was actually touching the abmat on most of the HSPU this time - so that's an improvement, and will have to be the positive note to end the week on. So, I'll go ahead and say this was a fun workout. Fun Friday, right?

Now, about the deadlifts. I have just got to get past this damn mental block I've created. I used to love deadlifts. I still love deadlifts, but now that I know I wasn't doing them with correct form, I'm scared of them. No logic in that, I know. But when I got to 225 today, I just blew it. I got it off the ground but couldn't finish the lift. Tried again and sort of strained my low back. (Nothing major, just a minor strain)

So, what's the deal? I have lifted more than that before. I believe my 1 rep max is 235 - back when my form was off! Now, why in the world can't I just walk up to that bar, with good form, and pick it up? *sigh* I'll do it. I just have to get over the mental block. Like the box jumps. And the double-unders. I'll get there, and hopefully soon! I don't like being stuck.

TGIF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment