Monday, June 14, 2010

Back From the Land of Sun and Fun

Last week, my husband and I headed out for a week of R&R in Jamaica. It was a much needed vacation, as well as a celebration of our wedding anniversary.


It was a great trip. I ate a lot of stuff I shouldn't have, and drank plenty of beer, wine, etc. I had every intention of making it to the gym this morning, but turns out I just didn't have it in me to get up that early today. I'll be back at it tomorrow, ready to work hard! I stopped at the grocery this morning for some healthy foods for my breakfast and lunch today.


I did, however, manage some workouts while I was gone!

Monday 6/7/10:

4 rounds for time of:

15 back squats (100 lbs)
10 knee raises (captain's chair)
5 bar dips

My Time: 13:02

I also did some 400m runs on the treadmill, but didn't keep track of times.

Wednesday 6/9/10:

4 rounds for time of:

run 400m
50 unanchored sit ups
25 squats

My time: 19:09
Friday, I had planned a workout, but chose to take wind-surfing lessons instead. Let me tell you, if I hadn't been doing CrossFit, I never would have been able to do it, it was pretty strenuous. I don't think it'll become a favorite sport, but it was fun to try something new and challenging!


Paying full attention to the instructor. (ha!)

The sail was SO heavy! Deadlift skills came in handy.

Uh-oh!!


Finally getting the hang of it.


Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment