Monday, May 2, 2016

"I've got goals!"

Every day for the last three weeks, I've said to myself, "This time, I'm doing it...I've got goals and nothing is going to stop me - I've got this!"  And you know what?  It's working!! I'm faithfully sticking to my plan and consistently losing pounds.  (Hopefully pounds of pure fat.)

Don't get me wrong.  There are days when I want to go buy a keg of my favorite beer and just dive in head first.  But it's not worth it.  I'm focused, and ready to succeed.  I miss my beer, but I'm doing okay with the occasional vodka soda, or some delicious red wine here and there.

Meal planning and prep takes some thought, time and effort, but I'd rather do that than feel like shit about myself every morning when I look in the mirror.

WOD:

3 RFT 
Row 500
10 C2B Pull-ups RX+ 5 MUs (Ring or Bar)
10 Thrusters 115/75lbs RX+ 5 Thrusters 185/125

My time:  13:30 w/55#

I scaled the thrusters. Yeah, I know this was a masters workout.  But me and thrusters, we go way back on the hate train.  I tolerated them today for the sake of getting a workout in, but 55# was all I wanted, and it was plenty.  I did them all unbroken.  Now if I could just force myself to do 10 unbroken pull ups.  Ha ha!

Strength was back squats.  I didn't go with the required percentages.  

No comments:

Post a Comment