Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Deceiving

Complete as many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:

4 Shoulder press (Men 75#, Women 55#)
8 Sumo Deadlift High Pull
12 Front squats

My rounds:  5 + 4 squats

This one was deceiving!  Looked fairly simple on paper, but the squats kicked my ass.  Yes, 55# front squats.  It was a cardio killer.  They were pretty well broken up, and I rested just enough to cheat myself out of a full 6th round - I was 8 reps short.    However, I will say, I enjoyed a day of nothing but barbell work. 

Strength today was Overhead Squats

My loads:  5 ea @ 55-65-75-80-85 – failed on 3rd rep at 85


My left shoulder kind of rolled a bit on that third rep and I didn't like the way it felt so I bailed.  Not worth tearing something up.  Other than that my squats all felt pretty decent, good depth, tight core. 

No comments:

Post a Comment