Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Frustrated

I won't go into all my whiney-ass reasons, but I'm super frustrated today.  Sadly, my strict pull-ups have gone away.  I'm at square one, starting all over.  I'll get back where I was, but man, it's frustrating after 6 years of CrossFit to be using a band for a strict pull-up.  Humiliating, actually.

Anyway...I have to maintain positive thoughts or I'll just give up.  SO...*positive thoughts*

Today's strength was more of a workout for me than the WOD, so I'll list it first:

Dumbbell Bear

5 DB deadlifts
5 DB hang power clean
5 DB push press
5 DB squats

My loads:  15-20--25-30-35

I always enjoy dumbbell workouts.  Had to push myself to do the 35, but I got through it and felt pretty good that I finished.

WOD:

15-12-9-6 & 3 rep rounds for time of:
Handstand push-ups
L-Pull-ups

I didn't time myself on this one, and I certainly didn't do L pull-ups.  I practiced kipping pull-ups and strict pull-ups with a small (white) band.  The combination of being slightly over weight and having not worked strict pull-ups religiously for about a year, I'm astounded at how difficult they have become.  Likewise, HSPU have gotten pretty far off track.  I think my head touched the two abmats like maybe 5 times in all my reps.  Just need to push myself more...that's all.



No comments:

Post a Comment