Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I am SO glad to be home.  My husband and I went to Pensacola to visit his family (family reunion...40 people) and, although I love them dearly, a little togetherness goes a long way.  Every family has some "Jerry Springer" in there, and I witnessed a bit of it this weekend.  Although the beach was beautiful, I'm super glad to be home, eating healthy food and getting some exercise.  And I'm so looking forward to some peace and quiet.  And in another week or so...Jamaica!  Ya mon!

This WOD was just what I needed!!

8 rounds of:
Run 400 meters
Rest 90 seconds

My times:

1:59
2:05
2:12
2:20
2:20
2:18
2:24
1:57


TOTAL TIME: 28:06

No PR's here today, but it felt good to start sweating out some of the junk I consumed the past few days.   Although we got home at a decent hour yesterday I had very little sleep.  First of all, it took me forever to fall asleep.  Then nightmares.  Then massive calf cramps.  Then I was too hot.  Then I was too cold.  Then I woke up a full hour before the alarm. 

Strength today was "death by bench press".  1 the first min, 2 the 2nd min, etc.  I chose 75# which is roughly half my body weight and I made it through 9 rounds. 

Okay...off to work!  

No comments:

Post a Comment