Thursday, October 23, 2014

How to set a PR

Without knowing it...I've set 2 PR's this week.  I think the trick to setting a PR is to really not even know what your PR is, and just lift as heavy as you possibly can.  Then, later when you find out it's a PR, you're totally surprised.  Ha!  I'm sure this is not really a good strategy, but it's worked this week.

Anyway...

I'm just about ready for a vacation!  57 days to go on my countdown.  We are heading to Turks & Caicos islands this time.  Hoping we love it, and I'm sure we will.  What's not to love about a beautiful island? 

So today's strength, wherein I unknowingly set a PR, was Hang Power Snatch

rep scheme:  5-3-2-2-1-1-1
my loads:  45-50-55-60-70-80 (PR) - 90 (f)

I tried the 90 because I didn't have a clue 80 was a PR, so why not?  Ha!  I didn't get anywhere near the speed through the middle that I needed to get under the 90#. 

WOD:

3 Rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
21 Hang power snatch (75#,55#)
12 chest-to-bar pull-ups

My time:  18:39

Obviously, if you know me, you know I didn't do chest to bar.  I did kipping.  And slowly.  I tried a chest to bar in the warm up and got the height, no problem, but did not actually touch my chest to the bar.  Need to work on that - I know they'll be in the Open next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment