Friday, June 13, 2014

TGIF!

Okay, I'm going to catch up today.  I have been SO swamped since getting back from vacation, I have had zero free time to speak of.

Today's workout was a doozie!  I told myself I'd scale it to 15 burpees per round, but when I got to 15 on the first round, I felt guilty for being a slacker so I convinced myself to do 21 reps and just scale to 3 rounds.  And, of course, when round 3 started coming to an end, I figured, what the heck, why not just finish the whole damn thing?!  So I did!  105 burpees in all.  Ugh.  But I did it.  And now I'll feel justified in having a couple of beers this weekend.

5 Rounds for time of:

Overhead walking lunges, 50 feet (Men 45# barbell, Women 35# barbell)
21 Burpees
Let trailing knee gently kiss the ground on each lunge.

My time:  21:42, Rx

Thanks to Jeremy and Jennifer for sticking around to push me through those last 7 burpees. Holy cow.  Oh, and this "knee gently kiss" the ground stuff...that only happens in the first round.  Gentle goes out the window pretty quickly.  I put my knee down on those teeny-tiny pebbles several times.  Not so gentle.

Our strength was bench press.  50 reps was the goal, but I only got 40.  So be it.  Bench Press and I are not all that in love.

We also started off the morning with the Jenks Mile.  My stress fractured leg didn't like this very much, but I haven't actually "confirmed" that it's a stress fracture, so I keep running.  I guess when there's bone poking out, I'll deal with it.

Jenks Mile
400 – 2:05
200 – 1:02
400 – 2:08
200 – 1:00
400 – 2:11
Total time: 12:26

TGIF y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment