Thursday, June 19, 2014

Not a rest day.

Yeah.  I wanted to sleep in until 6 this morning and do a rowing WOD at home.  But guess what?  I woke up at 3:45 am, and could not for the life of me get back to sleep.  This annoyed me to no end, and I decided I might as well go work out anyway, so off to CFJ.

Once I got there, I actually had a good time.  At one point, I even laughed so hard that I snorted.  Hopefully no one heard me over the fans and music.  Ha!  Anyway, I had a good laugh.

So the warm-up was dumbbells, which I don't mind, but those one arm overhead dumbbell squats are a killer, even with 5 lbs.

Strength today was squat clean & jerk, 1 every 90 sec:

My loads:  65-70-75-80-85-95-105-110-120-130 - PR!

Yes, I actually got a 5 lb pr on this lift today.  I wasn't sure at the time, but looking at my "records" my last recorded clean & jerk PR was 125.   I was a little hesitant in calling it a PR for a couple reasons, though.  First of all, I have squat cleaned 145#, but I didn't jerk it.  Then, I have jerked 140#, but only from a rack, and no clean.  Anyway, after asking a couple of other people, I decide that for the actual combination of a clean & jerk, yes, this is a PR.

I'll take it!  See what I would've missed by sleeping in!?

WOD:
As many reps as possible in 12 minutes of:
1 Dumbbell burpee complex (Push-up, Squat Clean & Thruster)
1 Muscle up
2 Dumbbell burpee complex
2 Muscle ups
3 Dumbbell burpee complex
3 Muscle ups
Continue as long as you can adding a rep each round.
Post total reps and dumbbell load to responses.
Substitute burpee pull-ups for muscle ups.

My total reps:  39, w/ 20# DB's and burpee pull ups

What can I say?  Burpee Hell.  Glad that 12 minutes is over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment