Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My new friend: the speed rope


Recently I received, as a "prize" in the Battle Over Redlands competition, a new Axel-Design speed rope. It looks like this one, only mine is pink with green handles.  I adore it in an  "oh, it's so cute" sort of way.  I mean...it's neon pink.  Adorable.   I had almost decided to give it away, because it didn't work for me like my old Buddy Lee rope. 


Well, this morning, my old Buddy Lee snapped right in half as we were starting our warm-up. Yikes!!  I have a replacement cord for it, but I didn't have time to mess with it.  So I grabbed up my new rope and decided I'd tough it out.  And guess what?  I loved it, once I got a feel for it.  I had several good sets of double unders this morning and I'm going to donate my old Buddy Lee to the community rope area once the cord is replaced.  I'm moving on.  So long, Buddy Lee...I have a new friend now!


For time:

50 Double unders
40 Wall ball shots (Men 20 lb ball, Women 14 lb ball)
30 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lb kettlebell, Women 35 lb kettlebell)
20 Burpees
10 Strict handstand push-ups

My time:  9:44

I scaled the wall ball to 8 lbs, and instead of HSPU I did 10 dumbbell push press with my left arm.  I'm avoid anything that hurts the tendonitis in my right arm.  I've got to get it healed up.  It's killing me!!  Anyway, if it hurts I'm not doing it...whatever "it" is.

Strength today was back squats

Rep Scheme:  5-3-2-2-1-1-1
My loads:   85-115-145-155-175-180-195

No comments:

Post a Comment