Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Third Day

I've been reading a book about a Quaker family who was part of the underground railroad, and helped hundreds of slaves escape to freedom.  Anyway, I learned the Quakers then (maybe even now?) didn't call the days by name like we do, they just used "first day, second day, third day, etc." for the days of the week.  Tuesday is Third Day.

Trivia.  I'm a virtual encyclopedia of useless trivia.  :)

Anyway, in keeping with the Quaker calendar, this is my third day for working out this week, if you count my 5k run on Sunday.

14min AMRAP:
2 Burpee Strict Chin-Ups (dead hang 1st) RX+2 Muscle-Ups 55+ 2 Burpee Chin-Ups
4 Power Cleans 135/95 RX+ 165/115 55+ 105/70
8 Box Jumps 24/20″ 55+ Box Jumps or Step- Ups OK
12 Wallballs 20/14lbs 10/9′ 55+ 20/10 9′

My total:  4 rds + 6 box step ups

Ok, I almost go to say "Rx" today, but since I did step-ups instead of jumps, no go.  I did the 95# and the 14# wallball, AND strict chin-ups.  This one was way more fun than I thought it would be, and I got much further than I anticipated. So, it's a win.

Strength today:    Cleans

3 touch & go power cleans x 5 @ 85#
2 touch & go squat cleans x 5 @ 95
1 squat clean x 5 @ 115

I'm sure I've said this before, but I just love squat cleans!  

No comments:

Post a Comment