Sunday, March 27, 2016

Finally!

I've been "training" for a couple months now for the Aquarium 5k run.  I know...training for a 5k.  Laughable.  But I have had a zillion set-backs in the past year.  Stress fractures, pneumonia, plantar faciitis, achilles strain, and on and on.  So, I started back with some walk/run intervals and have slowly built back up to running any distance at all. 

Today I went out and ran an entire 5k, non-stop for the first time in over a year.  It felt ridiculously good and I really think I could have gone longer. But for now, I'm happy with this.  The Aquarium run is a week away and I'm ready for it.

My goal now is to get in a 5k every week if possible.  We shall see. 

Anyway, my time today was 36:10.  Not a world record, but I'm pleased with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment