Friday, March 4, 2016

TGIF!

This has been a good week!  I made it to the 5 am class all five days, and I went out and did a 35 min running/walking intervals workout yesterday afternoon.  I'm almost backup to a 5k, BUT, I need to run the entire thing, not walk.  I mean...I need to get back to where I used to be.  A 5k should be nothing to me.  I'll get there!

So today was CF Games WOD 16.2, in which I had very little interest.  I mean, yeah, if I had been signed up for the open I would have been peeing myself over it.  4 min to complete 25 TTB, 50 Double Unders and 15 Squat Cleans.  Then if you finish in the time limit you get to go another round with fewer cleans at a heavier weight.  I likely would have been somewhere around 30 double unders at the 4 min mark.  But we will never know, because I didn't do it! 

I chose to work on my favorite lift today:  Squat Cleans

5 @ 55
5 @ 65
5 @ 75
4 @ 80
4 @ 85
3 @ 95
2 @ 105
1 ea @ 115-120-125-130-135


Still not back up to my old PR of 145, but felt really, really good to do this many squat cleans and nail 99% of them.  I had one that felt a little "forward on the toes" but other than that, they felt awesome.  I love when the bar lands solidly on my shoulders, fast elbows out, and already in almost a full squat when the bar hits.  It's just such an awesome feeling!

Afterward, I watched Shannon for a while on her first attempt at 16.2 and then I decided I had time to do 50 GHD Sit-ups...so I did!

TGIF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment