Thursday, January 23, 2014

Late!

I have been late getting to work every day this week.  Well, late for me anyway.  I like to get to work about 7:15.  Lately I've been leaving the house about then.  Today it was 7:20 when I left.  No one is here but me and one other person anyway, but I need to snap out of it and get back in my routine.

I also need to get back to being able to jerk way more than I can now.  I used to be able to put up some pretty decent weight, but today those 110# jerks were a total bitch!  I had to fight for every single one of them.  I just haven't practiced them lately.

Open WOD 11.3
As many rounds as possible in 5 minutes of:
Squat clean and jerk 135/110

My score: 9 rounds + 1 squat clean = 19 points

Got the same score as last time we did this one, but nowhere near my PR.  Ah well, it was fun to do some squat cleans.  The jerks, however, were a different story altogether.  The first one I barely made it.  The second one I went to split jerk, the third one I actually failed to lock out, so had to re-clean it and then it was all split jerks from there on out.  Now, I know I can do better than that, and my issue was largely one of technique, not strength.  I just wasn't fast enough under the bar.  I think I'm going to start working clean & jerks on front squat day.  I'll do squat clean & jerks.  That way I can work my front squat and my jerk all in one day.  Maybe.  We'll see...

Front squats
5-3-2 @ 85-105-115
10 x 3 @ 125


No comments:

Post a Comment