Thursday, January 16, 2014

Grumpy

The first words out of my mouth this morning were "Stop kicking me around" This was in response to my husband ever so gently nudging me to let me know the alarm was going off.  He does this every single day, in the most loving way possible, because I wear earplugs and cannot actually hear the alarm, and because he's incredibly nice.  Today was no different, but for some reason I lashed out at him. Maybe because every muscle in my body is sore, and I'm completely exhausted, despite three nights of decent sleep.  Maybe because I've gone 3 full days without a drop of alcohol, following a full three weeks of extreme liver abuse.  I know I sound like an alcoholic  - don't judge!  Just promise you'll smuggle me some vodka if I end up at The Betty some day.

Anyway...after my little outburst, I rolled over and looked at my phone to check the WOD.  And the next words out of my mouth were, "I don't want to do that - it's stupid!"  And what did I do?  I got up and went to CrossFit anyway!

I'm sure I was a real joy to be around this morning.  But, by the end of an hour at CFJ, I had adjusted my attitude and I'm happy to report that I am now having a great day!  It's the end result that matters, right?

WOD

“Bergeron Beep Test”
Every minute on the minute for as long as possible:
7 Thrusters (Men 75 lbs, Women 55 lbs)
7 Pull-ups
7 Burpees
If you don’t have unassisted pull-ups, sub sumo deadlift high pulls.
If you don’t make all the reps within the minute then continue to do as many rounds as possible for 15 minutes.

My score:  6 rounds even

Okay.  I did this as an AMRAP.  And I modified by doing jumping pull ups because my lats are so incredibly sore, I couldn't even dream of doing a legit pull up today.   Surprisingly, the thrusters were the easy part of this one. I tried hard not to rest, but again, that pesky love of oxygen got in the way and I found myself resting, mostly between burpees. 

Strength today was front squats
5-3-2 @ 85-105-135
10 sets of 3 @ 135 - I only did six sets...these were torture today.


No comments:

Post a Comment