Friday, October 25, 2013

Hello again!

So much has been going on lately, I've let my blogging take a back seat.  Well, actually I kinda left  it stranded on the curb.  But, I'm back.  I swear! 

I don't actually have a WOD to blog about today, since I slept in.  But yesterday I did go to CFJ and work on some skills and run through a couple of rounds of some of the Battle Over The Redlands II competition for this weekend.  Yes, I'm signed up again this year.  After I swore I'd never do it again.  Never say never, right?

Everyone should come out and cheer on the competitors this weekend.  We only have 4 or 5 from Jenks, I believe.  All of us are in Masters or Scaled categories, but still, we are competing so come cheer us on! 

Detailed info here:  http://battleoverredlands.com/

Last night I finally participated in one of the CrossFit Girls Night events.  This one was held at CrossFit Bellator in Bixby.  It looked to me like there were around 100 women who showed up.  I was awed by the beauty and strength of all these women, and I had a really great time visiting with friends, and of course, working out.

After the workout, I looked around at all these beautiful women - young and old, beginners and experts all mixed together.  This was just shortly after my dear friend B gently pointed out that I have some unnecessary body issues. (I am hyper-critical of myself.)  It was an incredible sight to look around and see all the different body types and I noticed that virtually every woman there had a smile on her face,  thoroughly enjoying the evening.  In that moment I couldn't imagine any single one of those women taking issue with how they looked in their workout gear (or ever), because truly, to me, they were all beautiful.  And - a light bulb turned on -  I am one of them!  Wow!  Talk about a powerful realization! 

On the way home I had a little talk with myself, and decided that every day I'm going to remind myself that I'm one of those women - perfect in my imperfection.  This morning, for the first time in a while, I looked in the mirror and I loved my body.  And I'll do it again tomorrow!

TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment