Monday, October 28, 2013

Battle Over Redlands II

What a great time!!  This past weekend was the Battle Over Redlands II.  Two full days of competition and fun.

We had five competitors from CrossFit Jenks: 
L-R:  Breck Berry (7th men's Rx), Angie Large (1st Women 50+), Brad Priest (2nd men's 40-49), Shannon McFadden (2nd women's 40-49), Michelle Sifuentes (1st women's 40-49)


  

Day 1:  

They make the old people go first, so my first workout was at 9 am. 

WOD 1: “7-11”

Complete as many rounds as possible in 11 minutes of the following:

7 Deadlifts  (53# for Masters Women 50+)
7 Front Squats
7 Shoulder to Overheads
Every rep counts, with credit being given for partially completed rounds.

My total reps:  197 - 1st place
I was a little nervous, being the first WOD, and I wanted badly to get 8 rounds.  I exceeded my expectations by more than a full round!  Woo hoo!!  I'd like to do this one again, at the gym without the pressure of competition.

WOD 2: “1500m Blind Row”

Monitor is reversed, pre-set for 1500m, and facing away from the athlete and spectators. The athlete may adjust the damper and foot settings to their choice prior to their row. Judges will communicate only by raising flags at 500m, 1000m and 1250m. Score is time to complete 1500m.
8 minute time cap.

My time:  6:44.6 - First place
This one was just weird, not seeing the monitor.  I knew how many strokes it normally takes me to get to 500m, so I counted strokes.  I was 5 strokes ahead at the 500 mark, and again at the1000.  I was beat after this one, but looking forward to the snatch ladder - the best part of the weekend!



WOD 3: “The Snatch Ladder”

1-rep Snatch every 30 seconds with progressively heavier barbells
Snatch.  After failing a lift, you got .1 point for every deadlift at that weight.

Women 50+: 33, 38, 43, 48, 53, 58, 63, 68, 73, 78, 83, 88, 93, 98, 103

I got up to 93 lbs, and repped out forpoints on deadlifts at 98 lbs for a total of 94 points
First place. 
I loved this one!  I really thought I had hid a PR at 93, and got so excited I failed on the 98 and didn't re-try it - just repped out for deadlifts.  I love lifting!!

********

Day two, bright and early!  I woke up thinking we started with thrusters and burpees and much to my surprise, I was wrong.  I had to run in and work on my double unders really quickly.  They were a mess, but eventually I strung together enough to make me not to stressed over it. 

WOD 4: “Rogue at the Redlands”

Three rounds of:
30 Double-Unders
25 Kettlebell Swings
20 Overhead Lunges (stationary, with bumper plate)
15 Toes to Bar (or Leg raises)
Then, with the remaining time, perform as many Muscle-ups (Rx’d) as possible.

Masters 50+: Pullups
12 minute time cap.
Women 50+: 25# KB, 15# Bumper, Leg Raises, Max Pull-ups

My rounds/reps:  2 rds + 16 kbs  = 226 reps - first place
This one was fun too, after I got over the fear of the double unders.  Once I got tired, the d/u's went way better for me - I was too tired to fight them, and as usual they become easier when I relaxThe leg raises were fun because I could kip them way better than the toes to bar. Fun workout - wouldn't mind doing this one again.


WOD 5: “Amrap Kalsu”

Complete as many reps as possible in 12 minutes:
Max rep Thrusters
Every minute, on the minute, perform 5 Burpees (rx’d)
Score will be number of Thrusters completed
Women: 
Masters 50+: 3 burpees, 63#

My total thrusters:  48  - First place

This one was just a plain old CrossFit Torture session. Hate burpees.  Hate thrusters. Hate them even more together.  But I gutted it out and just paced off my competition, just making sure I was keeping a few reps ahead of her.  I was so glad to see this one end!!


No comments:

Post a Comment