Friday, July 26, 2013

TGIF!

Completely lost my mojo today.  Yesterday, I was so excited about trying to push one of those sleds, and I woke up with zero energy, cramps from Hell, and nauseated beyond belief.  Still, I got up and went to the gym, ready to see what I could do.

What I could do was very little!  I barely made it through 5 sets of 10 back squats at a weight that normally I could practically jump up and down with.  Several times I felt on the verge of passing out.

I'm exhausted.  I need a rest day!  I didn't do justice to any of these workouts today.

Strength:  Back Squats - 5 sets of 10 at 75% of 1RM
My weight should have been 160, but I went with 125# and barely made it through.  

WOD 1:
As many rounds as possible in 5 minutes of:
50’ Sled push or plate push
5 Burpees

My rounds:  3


Started round one pushing a 25# plate.  Made one pass with that, and then went to the beloved bear crawls.  Ha ha!  Super weak and slow.  Glad that's over.  I want another chance at those sleds - outside!

rest 3 minutes

WOD 2:
As many rounds as possible in 5 minutes of:
30 Double unders
3 Muscle ups or 3 dumbbell burpee complex

My rounds:  1 + 25 double unders

Seriously zero energy by this point.  But I did give it all I had for 5 minutes.  Double unders were a complete struggle today. 

rest 3 minutes

WOD 3:
As many rounds as possible in 5 minutes of:
20 Box jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)
2 Wall climbs

My rounds:  2 + 5 box steps

I stepped the box jumps (as I have been since March...).  Wall climbs seemed like the easiest thing we did this morning.  I think I was just loopy from lack of oxygen at this point.  Managed to get all the way up on the wall this time though, so we'll call that my small victory for the day. 

TGIF people!!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment